|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
OF SKIN AND MEN
L'AMOUR DES HOMMES
- Director: Mehdi Ben Attia
- FRANCE, TUNISIA / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 105´ / French, Arabic; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Mehdi Ben Attia, Martin Drouot
- Director of Photography: Antoine Parouty
- Editing: Rafael Lefevre
- Music: Karol Beffa
- Cast: Hafsia Herzi, Raouf Ben Amor, Haythem Achour, Sondoss Bel Hassen
- Producer: Mani Mortavazi, David Mathieu-Mahias, Andrea Queralt
- Production Co.: 4 A 4 Productions
- World Sales: Loco Films
A promising photographer named Amel, a woman who deeply shakes the West-facing conservative social structure of Tunisia, is shattered by the sudden death of her husband. As a widow, life takes her to unexpected places and as an artist she bedevils others through her audacity and courage by taking erotic pictures of men. Of Skin and Men satirises notions of masculinity, loyalty, and obscenity and is a warm film that embraces a female-centric vision that is highly aesthetic. Tunisian-born French actress Hafsia Herzi of The Secret of the Grain fame is exceptional as Amel.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.