|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
ONCE UPON A TIME IN INDIAN COUNTRY
ES WAR EINMAL INDIANERLAND
- Director: İlker Çatak
- GERMANY / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 97´ / German; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Nils Mohl
- Original Work: Nils Mohl
- Director of Photography: Florian Mag
- Editing: Jan Ruschke
- Music: Martin Gretschmann
- Cast: Leonard Scheicher, Emilia Schüle, Johanna Polley, Clemens Schick, Joel Basman
- Producer: Michael Eckelt
- Production Co.: Riva Filmproduktion GmbH
Berlin-born, Istanbul-based German director İlker Çatak’s feature debut is a wild and wonderful genre mixture of boxing film, urban western, road movie, and music video. Based on the eponymous award-winning novel by Nils Mohl, this lively film chronicles the music, love, intoxication, and violence filled hot summer days of 17-year-old Mauser whose life turns upside down when his father kills his step-mother. Premiered at the 68th Berlinale in February, Once Upon a Time in Indian Country portrays the adventurous mood of youth without compromising its lyrical tone.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.