|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Roberto De Paolis
- ITALY / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 114´ / Italian; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Luca Infascelli, Carlo Salsa, Greta Scicchitano, Roberto De Paolis
- Director of Photography: Claudio Cofrancesco
- Editing: Paola Freddi
- Music: Emanuele De Raymondi
- Cast: Selene Caramazza, Simone Liberati, Barbora Bobulova, Stefano Fresi, Edoardo Pesce, Antonella Attili, Federico Pacifici, Isabella Delle Monache
- Producer: Carla Altieri, Roberto De Paolis
- Production Co.: Young Films, Rai Cinema
- World Sales: The Match Factory
- 2017 MUNICH One Future Prize
- 2017 SEVILLE Best Actress (S. Caramazza)
Pure Hearts paints a realistic and striking map of the streets of Rome through a violent and intricate love affair, in the midst of economic hardships and the immigrant crisis. Living with her harsh and religious mother, the 18-year-old Agnese is about to take a vow of chastity before marriage. When Agnese unexpectedly meets Stefano, a 25-year-old man with a violent temper and a difficult past behind, the outcome is a true sentiment. But as their affair grows more intense, the forbidden love causes the protected world of Agnese clash with the tough criminal neighbourhood of Stefano. Premiering at Cannes Film Festival’s Directors’ Fortnight section, Pure Hearts is Roberto Paolis’ debut feature.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.