|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
RAINBOW (A PRIVATE AFFAIR)
UNA QUESTIONE PRIVATA
- Directors: Paolo Taviani, Vittorio Taviani
- ITALY, FRANCE / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 85´ / Italian; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Paolo Taviani, Vittorio Taviani
- Original Work: Beppe Fenoglio
- Director of Photography: Simone Zampagni
- Editing: Roberto Perpignani
- Music: Giuliano Taviani, Carmelo Travia
- Cast: Luca Marinelli, Lorenzo Richelmy, Valentina Bellé, Francesca Agostini, Jacopo Olmo Antinori, Antonella Attili
- Producer: Donatella Palermo, Ermanno Olmi, Elisabetta Olmi, Serge Lalou, Eric Lagesse
- Production Co.: Stemal Entertainment, Ipotesi Cinema, Rai Cinema, Les Films D’ici, Sampek Productions
- World Sales: Pyramide Films International
- Turkish Rights: Filmartı
The latest film from Italy’s esteemed directors Taviani brothers premiered at TIFF and tells the story of a love triangle during the Italian Civil War circa World War II. Inspired by writer, translator, and partisan Beppe Fenoglio’s novel, Rainbow: A Private Affair follows partisan Milton, his unrequited love interest Fulvia, and her love interest Giorgio who is arrested by the Fascists. Taviani Brothers, who received the Lifetime Achievement Award of the Festival in 2001, present an elegant period war film about love and innocence in their follow-up to 2015’s Wondrous Boccaccio.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.