|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Jens Assur
- SWEDEN / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 107´ / Swedish; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Jens Assur
- Original Work: Tomas Bannerhed
- Director of Photography: Jonas Alarik
- Editing: Åsa Mossberg
- Cast: Reine Brynolfsson, Maria Heiskanen, Jacob Nordström
- Producer: Jan Marnell, Tom Persson, Jens Assur
- Production Co.: Film and Art Affairs
- World Sales: Celluloid Dreams
- Print Source: Pascale Ramonda
-2018 KINO PAVASARIS (Vilnius) Cineuropa Prize
Set in the 1970s and adapted from Tomas Bannerhed’s novel of the same name, award-winning photographer and director Jens Assur’s feature debut is an unsettling and contemplative look at farm life. Struggling farmer Agne lives in rural Sweden with his teenage son Klas and wife Gard. Having spent his entire life trying to make ends meet, Agne hopes his son will take over the responsibility of running the farm, but young Klas has dreams of his own. With each frame a work of art that will linger in your mind, Ravens is a poignant film about how leading a life of unwanted vocation can wreak havoc on one’s soul.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.