|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Nabil Ayouch
- FRANCE, MOROCCO, BELGIUM / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 109´ / French, Arabic; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Nabil Ayouch, Maryam Touzani
- Director of Photography: Virginie Surdej
- Editing: Sophie Reine, Marie-Hélène Dozo
- Music: Caroline Chaspoul, Eduardo Henriquez, Guillaume Poncelet
- Cast: Maryam Touzani, Arieh Worthalter, Dounia Binebine
- Producer: Bruno Nahon
- Production Co.: Unite de Production
- World Sales: Playtime
Moroccan director Nabil Ayouch’s latest film conceived as a part homage to “Casablanca”, depicts a country’s grappling with its modern identity through the tales of lost loves, forbidden desires, and fragile dreams of five people from different backgrounds who are connected to each other without realizing it. As young souls who crave freedom and strive to realise themselves question everything in the patriarchal Moroccan society, where corruption and inequality of opportunity is rampant, the film conveys the rage and dynamicism of Moroccan streets from the 1980s to current day. Premiering at Toronto, Razzia was Morocco’s Oscar nominee.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.