|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
ROAD TO THE MOON
- Director: Abdurrahman Öner
- TURKEY / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 97´ / Turkish; English s.t.
- Screenplay: Abdurrahman Öner
- Director of Photography: Meryem Yavuz
- Editing: Abdurrahman Öner
- Cast: Ezgi Mola, Bilal Zeynel Çelik, Mehmet Özgür, Reha Özcan, Banu Fotocan, Ayşenil Şamlıoğlu, Nazan Kesal, Nalan Kuruçim, Emirhan Ateş
- Producer: Arzu Şenses Öner
- Production Co.: Buhar Film
- World Sales: Buhar Film
Losing his father at a very young age, Bekir lives with his mother Rabia and grandfather İlyas, who jointly run a haberdashery store. When İlyas passes away, to spare him grief young Bekir is told that “his beloved grandfather has gone to the moon and become Grandpa Moon.” Bekir dreams of flying to the moon with a bicycle like in the movie Turkish E.T. to see his grandfather again. His mother Rabia and her elder sister, in the meantime, draw lots on their father’s inheritance, resulting in Rabia losing the house and store to her sister. The two sisters get into a fierce fight over the inheritance, while Rabia is also preoccupied with a platonic love interest.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.