|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
Where Are You My Love?
- Director: Damon Cardasis
- USA / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 83´ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Damon Cardasis
- Director of Photography: Hillary Fyfe Spera
- Editing: Abbi Jutkowitz
- Music: Nathan Larson
- Cast: Luka Kain, Margot Bingham, Regina Taylor, Marquis Rodriguez, MJ Rodriguez, Indya Moore, Alexia Garcia, Kate Bornstein
- Producer: Rebecca Miller, Damon Cardasis, Mandy Tagger Brockery, Adi Ezroni
- Production Co.: Spring Pictures, Round Films
- World Sales: WestEnd Films
- 2017 LA OUTFEST Grand Jury Award
- 2017 OUTFLIX Audience Award, Jury Award
- 2017 AUSTIN GAY&LESBIAN FILM FESTIVAL Best Narrative Feature
The first feature length by Damon Cardasis, known as the producer of Maggie’s Plan, is a drama inspired from music, irony of life and imagination of children. Saturday Church is a unique film that marries the genre conventions of musical cinema with drama and which tells the struggles of a 14-year-old who clings on to dreams as an escape from his sexual and religious identity crises. Cardasis melds different genres together as he bridges childhood and adulthood with an outstanding take. Saturday Church is a heart-warming, sensitive, poetic, and exuberant film.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.