|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
SERGIO & SERGEI
- Director: Ernesto Daranas
- CUBA, SPAIN / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 93´ / Spanish, English, Russian; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Ernesto Daranas, Marta Daranas
- Director of Photography: Alejandro Menéndez
- Editing: Jorge Miguel Quevedo
- Music: Micka Luna
- Cast: Tomás Cao, Héctor Noas Uriza, Ron Perlman
- Producer: Jaume Roures, Joel Ortega, Ramón Samada
- Production Co.: Mediaproducción S.L.U., RTV Comercial, ICAIC
- World Sales: WestEnd Films
- Turkish Rights: Sinema TV
Cuban director Ernesto Daranas, whose film Behavior opened the Festival in 2015, returns with Sergio & Sergei and presents a story which shows that borders and differences have no meaning. Cuban Sergio is a young academic and amateur radio enthusiast who lives hand to mouth. One day, he makes an unexpected contact with Russian cosmonaut Sergei who is stranded on a space station and an unusual friendship ensues. The film takes place in early 1990s during the dissolution of the Soviet Union, and takes a humorous look at one of the turning points in history as it elegantly blends the daily life in Cuba with life in outer space.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.