|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Felipe Hirsch
- BRAZIL, URUGUAY / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 103´ / Spanish; Turkish, English s.t.
- Original Work: Rodrigo Rey Rosa
- Director of Photography: Rui Poças
- Editing: Helena Maura
- Music: Arthur de Faria
- Cast: Javier Drolas, Carla Quevedo, Alejandro Awada, Alfredo Castro, Daniel Hendler
- Producer: Rodrigo Teixeira
- Production Co.: RT Features
- World Sales: RT Features
Severina is a romantic, melancholy narrative about the relation between a writer’s life and his creative process and the place of literature in contemporary times. An inspiring writer-bookseller grows ever fond of a mysterious book stealing muse named Severina and the relationship between the two transforms them both overwhelmingly. With its fragmented structure, Severina challenges traditional narrative and instead of the fantastical adopts a style informed by the mundaneness of daily life as it moves along between fantasy and reality. Premiered at Locarno, Severina is the second feature length from playwright and director Filipe Hirsch. Dedicated to master director Hector Babenco, Severina is perfect for anyone who is into Borges, art deco, Uruguay, wine, love, and books.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.