|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Asghar Yousefinejad
- IRAN / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 78´ / Azeri; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Asghar Yousefinejad
- Director of Photography: Hamid Mehrafrouz
- Editing: Amir Etminan
- Music: Afshin Azizi
- Cast: Ramin Riazi, Mohadeseh Heyrat, Gholamreza Bagheri, Sedigheh Daryani
- Producer: Asghar Yousefinejad
- Production Co.: Safieh Aslani
- World Sales: Iranian Independents
- 2017 FAJR Best Film, Best Script, NETPAC Award
An old man leaves a curious will behind when he dies: he wants to donate his body to a university for medical research. However, uncomfortable with the idea, his estranged daughter Sayeh refuses to honour his will. Her relatives interfere to convince Sayeh otherwise. In his feature debut that takes place in a single setting, Asghar Yousefinejad showcases top-notch directorial skills as he effectively combines humour with tension. The film sustains its engaging psychological tension throughout and features remarkable performances from its cast.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.