|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Cédric Kahn
- FRANCE / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 107´ / French; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Cédric Kahn
- Director of Photography: Yves Cape
- Editing: Laure Gardette
- Cast: Anthony Bajon, Damien Chapelle, Alex Brendemühl, Louise Grinberg, Hanna Schygulla
- Producer: Sylvie Pialat, Benoît Quainon
- Production Co.: Les Films du Worso
- World Sales: Le Pacte
- 2018 BERLİN Best Actor
The Prayer, which returned with a Silver Bear for Best Actor for Anthony Bajon from the Berlinale where it competed this February, follows a young heroin addict who quests for salvation through prayer. Thomas applies at a remote rehab community at the French Alps, which carries out prayer therapy, and discovers the transforming power of discipline, austerity, work, friendship, and prayer, even though he’s not a believer. In this highly humanistic and touching film, Cédric Kahn tackles the notions of faith, religion, and addiction from a different perspective. Kahn’s previous film Wild Life competed at the 34th Istanbul Film Festival.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.