|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Catherine Eaton
- USA / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 93´ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Catherine Eaton, Bryan Delaney
- Director of Photography: David Kruta
- Editing: Marco Perez
- Music: Siddhartha Khosla
- Cast: Catherine Eaton, Michael Simpson, Laurabeth Rapaz, Carolyn Baumler, Allison Mackie, Mark Boyett, Thomas Kopache, Carol Todd, Betsy Aidem, Christopher Randolph
- Producer: Caitlin Gold, Jessica Vale, Bryan Delaney, Catherine Eaton, Aliki Paraschis, Veronique Huyghebaert
- Production Co.: Nine Lives Pictures, Rag and Bone Pictures
- 2017 BROOKLYN Audience Choice, Best Style
- 2017 PALM BEACH Best Feature
- 2017 ARIZONA Grand Prize
- 2017 MAINE Audience Choice
After years of being silent, Liv, who lives on a remote island off the coast of Maine, starts communicating with Shakespearian sentences. A neurologist, who is brought to the island, decides that Liv will be better hospitalized, but instead of getting better, Liv turns into a rebel prone to violence and risks being locked behind walls for life. Director Catherine Eaton, who also plays Liv, is notable for her uncompromising direction and controlled acting as she tells a story of “otherness” that draws parallels with the current political climate. Co-written by Eaton and Irish playwright Bryan Delaney, The Sounding will have its international premiere at the Istanbul Film Festival..
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.