|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
WEST OF THE JORDAN RIVER
- Director: Amos Gitai
- FRANCE, ISRAEL / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 84´ / Hebrew, English, Arabic; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Amos Gitai
- Director of Photography: Oded Kirma, Eita Hai, Vladimir Truchovski
- Editing: Tal Zana, Vincent Schmitt, Yuval Orr
- Music: Amit Poznansky
- Producer: Amos Gitai, Shuki Friedman, Laurent Truchot, Patricia Boutinard Rouelle
- Production Co.: Nilaya Productions, Agav Films
- World Sales: Doc & Film International
Uncompromising with his contrarian perspective, master Israeli director Amos Gitai revisits West Bank 35 years after his much lauded documentary Field Diary and takes another look at the Israeli-Palestinian conflict which has been a frequent subject in his career. Gitai occasionally turns his camera to the people who talk the language of hate on the streets in his new film which premiered at the Directors’ Fortnight section of Cannes. But, he devotes more screen time to those who work towards bringing peace. At the end of interviews which feature many women and are conducted with various people from Israeli soldiers speaking up against human rights violations to members of an organization where people from both sides who lost loved ones in the conflict work together, Gitai asks if peace will ever be achieved?
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.