|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Feng Xiaogang
- CHINA / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 136´ / Mandarin; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Geling Yan
- Director of Photography: Pan Luo
- Editing: Qi Zhang
- Music: Lin Zhao, Xiaofei Dai
- Cast: Xuan Huang, Miao Miao, Chuxi Zhong, Caiyu Yang, Xiaofeng Li, Keru Wang, Yuan Sui
- Producer: Zhonglei Wang, Zhongjun Wang, Yu Gong, Ge Song, Jianhong Qi, Fangjun Zhang
- Production Co.: Huayi Brothers Pictures, Zhejiang Dongyang Mayla Media Co. Ltd, IQiyi Motion Pictures (Beijing) Co. Ltd, Beijing Sparkle Roll Media Corporation, Beijing Jingxi Culture&Tourism Co. Ltd, August First Film Studio
- World Sales: IM Global
- Print Source: Huayi Brothers
- 2017 MACAU Best Picture, Best Director, Best Writing, Best Cinematography
Youth chronicles the love, desire, betrayal, and sorrow-filled story of a couple, who are members of a Chinese military performance troupe, from their early teens to their adulthood. The newest member of the troupe Xiaoping and saintly Li Feng fall for each other and are forced to join the Sino-Vietnamese War. Taking place during the final years of the Mao regime and featuring dances and songs of the era, Youth was the top-grossing film in China in 2017. Director Feng Xiaogang is known as the Spielberg of China.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.