|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
ZAVAR, THE KID AND PARTRIDGES
- Director: Zeynep Gülru Keçeciler
- AFGHANISTAN / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 39´ / Afghan Persian; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Zeynep Gülru Keçeciler
- Director of Photography: Ahmet Hamdi Ferah
- Editing: Berkay Ferah
- Music: Mehdi Mehdiyar, Bora Taştan
- Cast: Katılanlar With: Süleyman Zavar, Razak Zavar,
- Producer: Zeynep Gülru Keçeciler
- Production Co.: TRT Ankara
- World Sales: TRT Ankara
The story is set in Chahar Deh, a mountain village located in the north of Afghanistan, which most of us haven’t even heard of. We witness Afghan traditions through the lives of 60-year-old Zavar and his 9-year-old nephew Razak at this mountain village situated on the heights of Hindu Kush Mountain Range. Like many Afghan children, Razak has lost his father in the civil war. His uncle Zavar is his greatest support. Known for his passion for partridges and as an avid hunter in the village, Zavar teaches his young nephew Razak how to hunt and care for partridges in order to help him take his early steps towards manhood.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.