|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Tassos Boulmetis
- GREECE / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 94’ / Greek; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Tassos Boulmetis
- Director of Photography: Yannis Daskalothanasis
- Editing: Lambis Haralambidis
- Music: Evanthia Reboutsika
- Cast: Ieroklis Michalidis, Antonis Kafetzopoulos, Yiorgos Mitsikostas, Stelios Mainas, Themis Panou, Manolis Mavromatakis
- Producer: Makis Aggelopoulos
- Production Co.: AEK BC, Onion Films
- Print Source: Tassos Boulmetis
- 2018 LOS ANGELES GREEK FILM FESTIVAL -- Audience Award, Special Jury Award
AEK, one of the two largest league clubs in Greece known as the “population exchange team”, was established in 1924 by Istanbulite Greeks who relocated to Athens during the population exchange. Embracing yellow and black as their team colors, the basketball team of AEK beat Slavia Praha in 4 April, 1968 becoming the European Champion in front of an audience of 100,000. Tassos Boulmetis, the director of Politiki Kouzina / Touch of Spice and Notias / Mythopathy, the opening film of the Festival in 2017, re-imagines the history of the club from its early days to the legendary game in a fictional story enlivened with a touching dose of nostalgia.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.