|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
A TALE OF THREE SISTERS
- Director: Emin Alper
- TURKEY, GERMANY, THE NETHERLANDS, GREECE / 2019 / DCP / Colour / 107’ / Turkish; English s.t.
- Screenplay: Emin Alper
- Director of Photography: Emre Erkmen
- Editing: Çiçek Kahraman
- Music: Giorgos Papaioannou, Nikos Papaioannou
- Cast: Cemre Ebüzziya, Ece Yüksel, Helin Kandemir, Kayhan Açıkgöz, Müfit Kayacan, Kubilay Tunçer, Hilmi Özçelik, Başak Kıvılcım Ertanoğlu
- Producer: Nadir Öperli, Muzaffer Yıldırım
- Production Co.: Liman Film, NuLook Production
- World Sales: The Match Factory
- 2019 ISTANBUL Golden Tulip (National Competition-Best Film), Best Director (Emin Alper), Best Actress (Cemre Ebüzziya, Ece Yüksel, Helin Kandemir), Best Original Music (Giorgos Papaioannou, Nikos Papaioannou), FIPRESCI Prize (National Competition) - 2020 SOFIA Best Balkan Film
Three sisters-Reyhan, Nurhan, and Havva-are reunited in the remote mountain village where they grew up with their father, after having lived as besleme (foster child and maid) with their foster parents in the city. All three desire to return to the city as soon as possible, whether this might be achieved depends on their tactics of solidarity, competition, and on the decisions of the men around them including their father, their foster-father, and Reyhan’s husband.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.