|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
Human Rights in Cinema Competition
ADOPT A DADDY
DAMIEN VEUT CHANGER LE MONDE
- Director: Xavier de Choudens
- FRANCE / 2019 / DCP / Colour / 98’ / French; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Charly Delwart, Xavier de Choudens
- Director of Photography: Pierre Aïm
- Editing: Sophie Reine
- Cast: Franck Gastambide, Melisa Sözen, Gringe, Camille Lellouche, Patrick Chesnais
- Producer: Marc Bordure, Muriel Meynard
- Production Co.: Agat Films & Cie
- World Sales: WTFilms
- Turkish Rights: Bir Film
Starring Franck Gastambide and Melisa Sözen, Adopt A Daddy is a humorous approach to the hardships immigrant children go through in France. The main characters of the film are Damien, an educator in primary school, and his sister Melanie, a fierce lawyer. When one paperless kid is about to be expelled out of the country with his mother, Damien decides to tell the authorities he is the father. But it turns out, tens of children will also need to be adopted to be saved.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.