|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
AN IMPOSSIBLE LOVE
UN AMOUR IMPOSSIBLE
- Director: Catherine Corsini
- FRANCE / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 135’ / French; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Catherine Corsini, Laurette Polmanss
- Original Work: Christine Angot
- Director of Photography: Jeanne Hapoirie
- Editing: Frédéric Baillehaiche
- Music: Grégoire Hetzel
- Cast: Virginie Efira, Niels Schneider, Jehnny Beth, Estelle Lescure, Ambre Hasaj, Sasha Allessandri-Torrés Garcia
- Producer: Elisabeth Perez
- Production Co.: Chaz Productions
- World Sales: Le Pacte
Catherine Corsini’s romantically charged, idyllic family drama which spans over decades is a charming as moving and tough film depicting emotional cruelty and abuse. At the end of the 1950s, Rachel, a young office clerk, meets Philippe, a well-educated man from a wealthy family. They share an intense but short-lived romance, from which a daughter is born. An Impossible Love follows these three people over the next 50 years with a classic narrative, but changing points of view, through impossible loves and painful secrets. Todd Haynes, François Truffaut and Jane Campion were among the references of this film adapted to screen from Christine Angot’s novel. Virginie Efira in the role of Rachel is also among the cast of Continuer / Keep Going, also screening at the Festival.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.