|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Ömür Atay
- TURKEY, GERMANY, BULGARIA / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 102’ / Turkish; English s.t.
- Screenplay: Ömür Atay
- Director of Photography: A. Emre Tanyıldız
- Editing: Doruk Kaya, Amon Guilliard
- Music: Erdem Helvacıoğlu, Victor Chouchkov
- Cast: Yiğit Ege Yazar, Caner Şahin, Gözde Mutluer
- Producer: Funda Ödemiş
- Co-Producer: Stefan Gieren, Borislav Chouchkov
- Production Co.: Off Film, Atay Film
- World Sales: ArtHood Entertainment GmbH
- 2018 ADANA -- Best Actor (C. Şahin & Y. E. Yazar), Best Newcomer Actress (G. Mutluer)
- 2019 DHAKA -- Best Actor (Y. E. Yazar)
- 2019 NÜRNBERG Turkey-Germany Film Fest -- Best Film
Yusuf, who has obeyed the family elders’ decision and set his sister up for an honour killing, and his brother Ramazan, who committed the murder, reunite 4 years later when Yusuf is discharged on probation from the detention center. The family turned in Yusuf, as he was a minor at the time of the murder and would get a reduced sentence. Yusuf’s regret for what he did starts to become a threat to the family. Entering the lives of the two brothers condemned to one another’s destiny, Yasemin becomes the unwilling witness to the honour killing that is kept as a family secret. As Yusuf and Ramazan reckon with their past and their conscience, Yasemin becomes another liability for the family, just like Yusuf.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.