|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Darko Stante
- SLOVENIA, AUSTRIA / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 95’ / Slovenian; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Darko Stante
- Director of Photography: Rok Kajzer Nagode
- Editing: Sara Gjergek
- Cast: Matej Zemljic, Timon Sturbej, Gasper Markun, Lovro Zafred, Lea Cok, Rosana Hribar, Blaz Setnikar, Dejan Spasic
- Producer: Jerca Jeric, Andraz Jeric
- Production Co.: Temporama
- World Sales: Wide
- 2018 CINEFEST MISKOLC (HUNGARY) -- Art Cinema Award
- 2018 SLOVENYA FILM FESTIVAL -- Best Direction, Best Actor (M. Zemljic), Best Actor in a Supporting Role (T. Šturbej), Audience Award, Critics’ Award
Notable for its realism, acute observations, and particularly for the strikingly natural performances of its amateur cast, Consequences takes place in a detention centre where sexuality is forbidden but rampant, and machismo worship is a source of power. Sent to a “semi-open” detention centre by his mother who is fed up by his angry outbursts, Andrej becomes a member of the gang headed by the borderline psychotic Zele here. When Andrej’s fear of Zele is overcome by his admiration, things get complicated. Premiered at the Discovery section of TIFF, Consequences competently portrays Slovenian youth’s search for a way out of the spiral of social media, racism, sexuality, and violence. Avoiding the pitfalls of cliché.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.