|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
Human Rights in Cinema Competition
- Director: Enrique Castro Ríos
- PANAMA, COLOMBIA / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 87’ / Spanish; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Enrique Castro Ríos
- Director of Photography: Diego Jiménez
- Editing: César Díaz, Samuel Larson Guerra, Enrique Castro Ríos
- Cast: Alex Jiménez, Delicia Montañez, Nina Vincent, Jerónimo Henao
- Producer: Enrique Castro Ríos, María Neyla Santamaría
- Production Co.: Sultan El Filme, Milagros Producciones
- World Sales: The Open Reel
- 2019 ISTANBUL -- Human Rights in Cinema Award
- 2018 ROME INDEPENDENT FF -- Special Mention-Screenplay
The ghost of a photo-journalist killed during the December 1989 US invasion of Panama returns exactly 10 years later to resolve his family’s conflicts. Inspired by the story of his own family, in his feature-length debut, Enrique Costas Ríos poetically blends together archival footage and fictional scenes that recreate events from the invasion while tracing links to the true-life story of Spanish journalist Juantxu Rodriguez who was killed during the invasion.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.