|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Luis Ortega
- ARGENTINA, SPAIN / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 118’ / Spanish; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Luis Ortega, Rodolfo Palacios, Sergio Olguín
- Director of Photography: Julián Apezteguia
- Editing: Guille Gatti
- Music: Moondog
- Cast: Lorenzo Ferro, Chino Darin, Mercedes Morán, Daniel Fanego, Luis Gnecco, Peter Lanzani, Cécilia Roth
- Producer: Hugo Sigman, Sebastián Ortega, Pedro Almodóvar, Agustín Almodóvar, Matías Mosteirin, Esther García, Leticia Cristi, Axel Kuschevatzky, Pablo Culell
- Production Co.: K&S Films, El Deseo, Underground Producciones, Telefe
- World Sales: Film Factory
- 2018 FÉNIX AWARDS -- Best Actor (L. Ferro)
- 2018 HAVANA -- Best Actor (L. Ferro)
Known as the “Angel of Death”, Argentina’s most infamous criminal, a crime machine who stops at nothing and who’s been in jail for 45 years for unblinkingly killing 11 people and being involved in 40 robberies, Carlitos started his “career” at the age of 17. Angel tells the story of this devil with an angel’s face who calls himself “the spy of God” and follows him through his criminal life, which he started with his high school friend Ramon. With uncompromising visuals and an unrelenting pace, Angel charts the blood-soaked map of a friendship full of passion, jealousy, murder, and crime. Premiered at the Un Certain regard section of Cannes and produced by Pedro Almodóvar, Angel was Argentina’s Oscar entry.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.