|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
Where Are You My Love?
ELISA & MARCELA
- Director: Isabel Coixet
- SPAIN / 2018 / DCP / B&W / 113’ / Spanish; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Isabel Coixet
- Director of Photography: Jennifer Fox
- Editing: Bernat Aragonés
- Music: Sofia Oriana Infante
- Cast: Natalia de Molina, Greta Fernández, Sara Casanovas, Tamar Novas, María Pujalte
- Producer: Joaquín Padró, Mar Targarona, Jose Carmona, Zaza Ceballos
- Production Co.: Rodar y Rodar, Legal Zenit TV, La Nube Películas
- World Sales: Netflix
The latest feature by Catalan director Isabel Coixet, whose The Bookshop was screened at the Festival in 2018, competed for the Golden Bear at the Berlinale, is set in 1901 and tells the story of a love affair between two women. The film that opens with the meeting of Elisa and Marcela in their old age in Argentina, tells the course of their relationship starting from when they met in 1898 in Spain to 1901 when they outwitted the officials and got married. As romantic as it is strongly political, Elisa & Marcela will be lingering in your minds for its impressive black&white images, stylised approach to sexuality, and the courage of those stand against suffocating social pressure.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.