|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
EYES WIDE SHUT
- Director: Stanley Kubrick
- USA, UK / 1999 / DCP / Colour / 159’ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Stanley Kubrick, Frederic Raphael
- Original Work: “Traumnovelle”, Arthur Schnitzler
- Director of Photography: Larry Smith
- Editing: Nigel Galt
- Music: Jocelyn Pook
- Cast: Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman, Todd Field, Sydney Pollack, Michael Doven
- Producer: Stanley Kubrick
- Production Co.: Warner Bros., Stanley Kubrick Productions, Hobby Films
- World Sales: Park Circus
- 2000 FRENCH SYNDICATE OF CINEMA CRITICS -- Best Foreign Film
Starring the then “it” couple of Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, noted director Sydney Pollack and Leelee Sobieski in her breakthrough role, Eyes Wide Shut was the fruit of Kubrick’s return to film after a 12-year absence. Unfortunately, he wasn’t able to see its theatrical release. The film in which faith gives way to suspicion, enlightenment gives way to the mist of life, the warm safety of home gives way to an organized shadow that envelops all around and which can be described as the “dark twin” of the “new year’s eve film”, is the final act in the uncanny big scheme-little person narratives that is common in the cinema of Kubrick.
This film contains scenes of sexuality/violence that might disturb some viewers.
Images courtesy of Park Circus/Warner Bros.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.