|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Dan Sallitt
- USA / 2019 / DCP / Colour / 94’ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Dan Sallitt
- Director of Photography: Christopher Messina
- Editing: Dan Sallitt
- Cast: Tallie Medel, Norma Kuhling, Lorelei Romani, C. Mason Wells, Dylan McCormick, Kolyn Brown, Willy McGee, Scott Friend
- Producer: Caitlin Mae Burke, Graham Swon
- Production Co.: Caitlin Mae Burke
- World Sales: Caitlin Mae Burke
Mara and Jo are childhood friends. It’s hard to believe that these two disparate young women who went into different directions in life are best friends. One needs to get to know them gradually in order to understand the dynamics of their relationship. Spanning many years, writer-director Dan Sallitt shows what’s common and not between Mara and Jo through daily events that might at first seem mundane. In a much-missed old-school American indie style Fourteen handles the sporadic friendship between two women with fitting sentimentality.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.