|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Sebastián Lelio
- USA, CHILE / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 102’ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Sebastián Lelio, Gonzalo Maza
- Director of Photography: Natasha Braier
- Editing: Soledad Salfate
- Music: Matthew Herbert
- Cast: Julianne Moore, John Turturro, Michael Cera, Brad Garrett, Sean Astin, Jeanne Tripplehorn, Rita Wilson
- Producer: Juan de Dios Larraín, Pablo Larraín, Sebastián Lelio
- Production Co.: Fabula, FilmNation Entertainment
- World Sales: FilmNation Entertainment
- Turkish Rights: Warner Bros., Turkey
Unafraid of getting old, free-spirited Gloria returns! Sebastián Lelio, the Chilean director of A Fantastic Woman and Disobedience returns with the American remake of his 2013 film Gloria, featuring some of the most prominent actors of Hollywood. Approaching her 60s, Gloria is a widow who, at nights, dances the pain of her dull days at the office away on the dance floor. On one of those nights, a chance encounter with a man named Arnold leads to an unexpected romantic entanglement. In this bitter-sweet film full of classic pop songs from the ’70s and ’80s, which premiered at TIFF, Julianne Moore once again mesmerises the audience.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.