|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Tunç Başaran
- TURKEY / 1967 / Betacam / B&W / 92’ / Turkish; English s.t.
- Screenplay: Sadık Şendil
- Director of Photography: Orhan Kapkı
- Editing: Diamendi Filmeridis
- Cast: Selda Alkor, Kartal Tibet, Tanju Gürsu, Nurhan Nur, Ferah Nur, Münir Özkul, Funda Postacı Dubbed by: Jeyan Ayral Tözüm
- Producer: Nahit Ataman, Ertem Eğilmez
- Production Co.: Arzu Film
- World Sales: Arzu Film
Cinema Honorary Award-recipient Tunç Başaran’s 1967 film Goodbye stars Selda Alkor as the vivacious Mine, and Kartal Tibet as her lover, Kemal. Always taking on strong women roles, Alkor and Tibet, one of Yeşilçam’s favourite film couples, play star-crossed lovers who do not hesitate to fall in love. Their romance begins at a bridal shop but is threatened by a murder, fatal diseases, and whatnot. This film is screened for Selda Alkor who will receive this year’s Cinema Honorary Award.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.