|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Gürcan Keltek
- THE NETHERLANDS, TURKEY / 2018 / DCP / Colour and B&W / 34’ / Turkish; English s.t.
- Screenplay: Gürcan Keltek, Ebru Ojen
- Director of Photography: Murat Tuncel, Gürcan Keltek
- Editing: Fazilet Onat, Gürcan Keltek
- Cast: Zeynep Kumral
- Producer: Marc Van Goethem, Gürcan Keltek, Arda Çiltepe
- Production Co.: 29P Films, Vigo Film
- World Sales: 29P Films
- 2018 MONTRÉAL DOCUMENTARY FF -- Special Mention-Short/Medium
Gulyabani is an entity, a ghoul, an outsider: she’s the restless spirit of a desolate and lonely place. Fethiye Sessiz, a notorious clairvoyant of Izmir in ‘70s and ‘80s, remembers fractions of her survival from abuse, kidnappings, and violence. Recounting the events of her childhood through her diary entries and letters to her estranged son, Gulyabani recollects the emotional landscape in the most violent period of post-Republic Turkey, where the memory of the future and fragments of the past come together at once.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.