|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Ermanno Olmi
- ITALY / 1961 / DCP / B&W / 94’ / Italian; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Ermanno Olmi
- Director of Photography: Lamberto Caimi
- Editing: Carla Colombo
- Music: Pier Emilio Bassi
- Cast: Loredana Detto, Sandro Panseri, Tullio Kezich, Mara Revel, Corrado Aprile, Guido Chiti
- Producer: Alberto Soffientini
- Production Co.: 24 Horses, Titanus
- World Sales: Rai Com
- Print Source: Cineteca di Bologna
Telling the first working experience of a young man in Il Posto, great Italian master filmmaker Ermanno Olmi, breathed life into one of the masterpieces of Italian cinema with its simplicity and profound and likeable characters. The film’s timid, slender protagonist, Domenico, with his small frame ventures from a small village to Milan in search of employment in a huge, faceless company. There, Domenico meets Antonietta, a young woman in a similar situation as himself. But the occupation keeps them apart. A touching, warm, and hilarious tale, Il Posto is one of Italian neo-realism’s and Ermanno Olmi’s most unforgettable films.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.