|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
DI NAVBERÊ DE
- Director: Ali Kemal Çınar
- TURKEY / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 65’ / Turkish, Kurdish; English s.t.
- Screenplay: Ali Kemal Çınar
- Director of Photography: Ali Kemal Çınar
- Editing: Ali Kemal Çınar
- Cast: Osman Çınar, Fatma Yıldız, İhsan Şakar, Gülbin Bozan
- Producer: Ali Kemal Çınar
- Production Co.: Layen
- World Sales: Layen
Osman has trouble communicating, because he can understand his mother tongue Kurdish but cannot speak it; and can speak Turkish but cannot understand it. For this reason, day-by-day, he loses his ability to do two things at the same time. He cannot respond to customers while working, or cannot speak with his friends while drinking coffee. He wants to get married, but with this prevailing condition, it’s nearly impossible to build permanent relationships with women. After his last crush Fatoş rejects him, he sees hope in what a customer recommends him-if he wholly learns his mother tongue Kurdish, he will overcome this problem.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.