|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
IN SAFE HANDS
- Director: Jeanne Herry
- FRANCE, BELGIUM / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 107’ / French; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Jeanne Herry
- Director of Photography: Sofian El Fani
- Editing: Francis Vesin
- Music: Pascal Sangla
- Cast: Sandrine Kiberlain, Gilles Lellouche, Miou-Miou, Elodie Bouchez, Stéfi Celma, Youssef Hajdi, Olivia Côte
- Producer: Alain Attal, Vincent Mazel, Hazel Sélignac
- Production Co.: Trésor Films, Chi-Fou-Mi Productions, Artémis Productions, StudioCanal, France 3 Cinéma
- World Sales: Studio Canal
- Print Source: Festival Agency
- 2018 LUMIÈRE AWARDS -- Best Actress (E. Bouchez)
Théo is given up for adoption by his biological mother on the very day he is born. After this anonymous birth, the child welfare services contacts Jean who is given the responsibility of temporarily looking after Théo. In the meanwhile, the members of the Adoption Agency have the difficult task of finding him a home, and locate Alice, who is unable to have children of her own, and ready to finally welcome a child. Blending the journeys of institutions and individuals, In Safe Hands chronicles a challenging process with all its details and a realistic perspective.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.