|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
LOVE 1. DOG
DRAGOSTE 1. CÂINE
- Director: Florin Șerban
- ROMANIA, POLAND / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 103’ / Romanian ; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Florin Șerban
- Director of Photography: Marcin Koszalka
- Editing: Florin Șerban
- Cast: Valeriu Andriută, Cosmina Stratan, Florin Hritcu, Vitalie Bantas, Mihaela Măcelaru
- Producer: Florin Șerban, Oana Iancu, Florentina Onea
- Production Co.: Fantascope, Harine Films
- World Sales: Fantascope Films
- 2018 SARAJEVO -- Art-Cinema Award, Cineuropa Award
Simion, who lives with his loyal dog in a remote cabin on a pine-forested mountain, stumbles upon a wounded and unconscious young woman. He brings her home, nurses her back to health and gradually falls in love with her. However, his brute nature makes him incapable of understanding the complex emotional world of a woman. In his new film Love 1. Dog, which is the first chapter in a planned trilogy dealing with the theme of love, Florin Şerban, the director of the Silver Bear-winning 2010 film If I Want to Whistle, I Whistle, brings us a romantic psychodrama that oscillates between the dread of a horror film and ethereal beauty of fairy tales about the war of will between a man and a woman, accompanied by magnificent panoramas of the Romanian countryside.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.