|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Marius Olteanu
- ROMANIA / 2019 / DCP / Colour / 116’ / Romanian; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Marius Olteanu
- Director of Photography: Luchian Ciobanu
- Editing: Ioachim Stroe
- Cast: Judith State, Cristian Popa, Alexandru Potocean, Șerban Pavlu, Dorina Lazar
- Producers: Claudiu Mitcu, Ioachim Stroe, Robert Fita Co-producer: Marius Olteanu
- Production Co.: Parada Film
- World Sales: Alpha Violet
2019 Sofia Grand Prix
Monsters., which premiered at the Forum section of the Berlinale, follows a married couple during 24 hours in Bucharest. Director Marius Olteanu says the film “explores the clash between social values and the individual choice via bisexuality, the rejection of motherhood, and challenges to traditional concepts of love. (...) In a climate of increasing intolerance towards people who are different, Monsters. challenges the viewer’s perception by questioning the gap between what we are projecting and who we really are.” Monsters. is the first feature film by Romanian writer-director Marius Olteanu, who worked as an assistant director for Sieranevada by Cristi Puiu and is also a published photographer.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.