|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
MI OBRA MAESTRA
- Director: Gastón Duprat
- ARGENTINA, SPAIN / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 100’ / Spanish; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Gastón Duprat
- Director of Photography: Rodrigo Pulpeiro
- Editing: Anabella Lattanzio
- Music: Alejandro Kauderer, Emilio Kauderer
- Cast: Guillermo Francella, Luis Brandoni, Raúl Arévalo, Andrea Frigerio
- Producer: Mariano Cohn, Jaume Roures, Fernando Sokolowicz
- Production Co.: Televisión Abierta, Aleph Media, Mediapro
- World Sales: Latido Films
- 2018 VALLADOLID -- Audience Award
A dramatic comedy with humour and emotion that deals with friendship and the limits on friendship, My Masterpiece follows Gastón Duprat’s A Distinguished Citizen, screened at the festival in 2017. One pessimistic, the other optimistic, one full of cynicism and the other loyal, Arturo is an unscrupulous art dealer and Renzo his socially-awkward painter and longtime friend. Renzo’s expressionistic style is no longer en vogue, and so, willing to risk it all, they develop an extreme and ludicrous plan to save themselves. My Masterpiece is a social suspense adorned with sharp humour, twists, accidents, conspiracies, and the oddballs of Buenos Aires art circle, which puts the contemporary art world under the microscope.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.