|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
LA PARANZA DEI BAMBINI
- Director: Claudio Giovannesi
- ITALY / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 110’ / Italian; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Maurizio Braucci, Claudio Giovannesi, Roberto Saviano
- Original Work: Roberto Saviano
- Director of Photography: Daniele Ciprì
- Editing: Giuseppe Trepiccione
- Music: Andrea Moscianese, Claudio Giovannesi
- Cast: Francesco Di Napoli, Viviana Aprea, Mattia Piano Del Balzo, Ciro Vecchione, Ciro Pellecchia, Ar Tem, Alfredo Turitto, Pasquale Marotta, Luca Nacarlo
- Producer: Carlo Degli Esposti, Nicola Serra
- Production Co.: Palomar
- World Sales: Elle Driver
- Turkish Rights: Mars Film
- 2019 BERLIN -- Silver Bear Best Screenplay
Adapted from Gomorra’s star writer Roberto Saviano’s novel, Piranhas conveys to the silver screen a world where adolescent cruelty meets weapons of crime and insensitivity towards death. Premiering at Berlinale in February, “piranhas” takes its title from the mafia jargon meaning “armed gang belonging to the clan.” This film’s piranhas are the 15-year-old Nicola and his friends who want to make money, buy designer clothes and brand new scooters. They play with weapons and ride around the city to take power in Naples. With a cast of amateur actors, Piranhas on the one hand observes how the mafia recruits its future members and the influence of media, as well as the emotional impact of involvement in crime on adolescents.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.