|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
C’EST ÇA L’AMOUR
- Director: Claire Burger
- FRANCE / 2019 / DCP / Colour / 98’ / French; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Claire Burger
- Director of Photography: Julien Poupard
- Editing: Laurent Sénéchal, Claire Burger
- Cast: Bouli Lanners, Justine Lacroix, Sarah Henochsberg, Cécile Remy-Boutang, Antonia Buresi, Célia Mayer
- Producer: Isabelle Madelaine
- Production Co.: Dharamasala
- World Sales: Indie Sales
- 2018 VENICE DAYS -- Director’s Award
- 2018 LES ARCS -- Best Actor Prize (B. Lanners), Best Narrative Feature, Femme de cinema Prize, Press Prize
Taking its power from its delicate performances masterfully reflecting the fragile emotional balances of family dynamics, Real Love centres on a love-addicted man caught in the middle of a family crisis. Mario is back to square one after his wife left home. He now must raise on his own his two daughters going through their adolescent years while going through some sort of a teenage crisis of his own. Frida, 14-years old, blames her father for their mother’s absence. Niki, 17-years old, will soon leave home. Mario can’t help but lose all the women he loves. Yet they must all agree to let one another go.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.