|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Ali Vatansever
- TURKEY, GERMANY, ROMANIA / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 102’ / Turkish, Arabic; English s.t.
- Screenplay: Ali Vatansever
- Director of Photography: Tudor Vladimir Panduru
- Editing: Evren Luş
- Music: Erdem Helvacıoğlu
- Cast: Saadet Işıl Aksoy, Erol Afşin, Onur Buldu, Ümmü Putgül, Kida Khodr Ramadan
- Producer: Selin Vatansever Tezcan, Oya Özden
- Co-Producer: Harry Floeter, Joerg Siepmann, Anamaria Antoci
- Production Co.: Terminal Film
- World Sales: Doc & Film International
Istanbul’s Fikirtepe district. Urban transformation is sweeping away poor communities while Syrian refugees take shelter in deserted buildings. Kamil and his wife Remziye risk losing their home. Unemployed for a long time, Kamil, has no choice but to secretly accept a job on a construction site. Not only is he taking the job from a Syrian refugee for a lesser wage, he’s also working for the company that’s destroying the neighbouring district. Oppression and anxiety both in his neighbourhood and at work, where he fears discovery and failure, will gradually transform him, and Remziye will have to face the consequences.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.