|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Camille Vidal-Naquet
- FRANCE / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 97’ / French; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Camille Vidal-Naquet
- Director of Photography: Jacques Girault
- Editing: Elif Uluengin
- Music: Romain Trouillet
- Cast: Félix Maritaud, Eric Bernard, Nicolas Dibla, Philippe Ohrel, Marie Seux, Lucas Bleger, Camille Müller, Philippe Couerre, Jean-Pierre Basté
- Producer: Emmanuel Giraud, Marie Sonne-Jensen
- Production Co.: Les Films de la Croisade, La Voie Lactée
- World Sales: Pyramide Films
- 2018 CANNES -- Rising Star Award
- 2018 JERUSALEM FIPRESCI -- Prize
- 2018 OSLO -- Best Feature Film
- 2018 CINEUROPA -- Best Actor (F. Maritaud)
For the young man who is hungry to love and be loved, even small moments of affection spent in the arms of strange men are priceless. This world and everything that its habitants value is nothing in his eyes. Being a sex worker is just a means to be free and find a piece of love. In his feature-length debut, which premiered at the Critics’ Week section of Cannes, Camille Vidal-Naquet takes a candid, intimate and nonjudgmental look at the lives of young men who earn a living with their bodies on the streets. Following his supporting role in Knife+Heart and 120 BPM, Félix Maritaud takes the lead and gives an unforgettable performance.
This film contains scenes of sexuality/violence that might disturb some viewers.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.