|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
SAZ - THE KEY OF TRUST
- Director: Stephan Talneau
- GERMANY / 2019 / DCP / Colour / 99’ / French, Turkish, Azerbaijani, English, Persian; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Stephan Talneau, Petra Nachtmanova
- Director of Photography: Stephan Talneau
- Editing: Levent Çelebi, Stephan Talneau
- Music: Tralalka, OKO, Ceyhun Kaya, Baba Zula, Erdal Erzincan
- Cast: Katılanlar With: Petra Nachtmanova, Florent Chaintiou, Erkan Oğur, Murat Ertel, Erdal Erzincan
- Producer: C. Cay Wesnigk
- Production Co.: Anthromedia
- World Sales: Anthromedia
- Print Source: Stephan Talneau
A documentary road-movie, from city to city, from plains to mountains following the songs on the road of the Saz. Petra Nachtmanova is one of the few Western European players of the Saz, but she still longs to understand why this instrument remains at the heart of so many cultures. In a personal quest for meaning and emotions, Nachtmanova travels from Berlin all the way to Khorasan in Iran, covering seven countries, more than 10.000 km on the trace of a legendary musical instrument which for over 2,000 years, has brought generations together. In Stephan Talneau’s debut film, with a brilliant cast of musicians including Erdal Erzincan, Erkan Ogur, Murat Ertel, Ayşe Şewaqî, Mübariz Əliyev, Telli Turnalar, Özgür Fırat, Umut Erdoğan, Saz Ensemble “Sevdah”, Tatavla Keyfi, Saz explores the origins and the mystery of this instrument. Saz will make its world premiere at the Istanbul Film Festival.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.