|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
SO LONG, MY SON
DI JIU TIAN CHANG
- Director: Wang Xiaoshuai
- CHINA / 2019 / DCP / Colour / 180’ / Mandarin; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: A Mei, Wang Xiaoshuai
- Director of Photography: Kim Hyun-seok
- Editing: Lee Chatametikool
- Music: Dong Yingda
- Cast: Wang Jingchun, Yong Mei, Qi Xi, Wang Yuan, Du Jiang
- Producer: Liu Xuan
- Production Co.: Dongchung Films, Hehe Pictures, FunShow Culture Communication Beijing, ZhengFu Pictures
- World Sales: The Match Factory
- Turkish Rights: Bir Film
- 2019 BERLIN -- Silver Bear Best Actress (Yong Mei), Silver Bear Best Actor (Wang Jingchun)
Described as “an epic melodrama” the latest film by Wang Xiaoshuai (whose Beijing Bicycle, Drifters, 11 Flowers, Red Amnesia were screened at the Festival) brought its two leads the Silver Bears for acting. Spanning a period of 30 years, So Long, My Son tells the story of a Chinese family dealing with China’s decades-long one child policy with devastating consequences. As it charts the social changes in China following its economic boom, the film tackles themes such as love, friendship, having children, grief, and forgiveness.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.