|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
THE GROUND BENEATH MY FEET
DER BODEN UNTER DEN FÜSSEN
- Director: Marie Kreutzer
- AUSTRIA / 2019 / DCP / Colour / 108’ / German; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Marie Kreutzer
- Director of Photography: Leena Koppe
- Editing: Ulrike Kofler
- Music: Kyrre Kvam
- Cast: Valerie Pachner, Pia Hierzegger, Mavie Hörbiger, Michelle Barthel, Marc Benjamin, Axel Sichrovsky
- Producer: Alexander Glehr, Franz Novotny
- Production Co.: Novotny & Novotny Filmproduktion
- World Sales: Picture Tree International GmbH
At first glance Lola is a young woman fully in control of her life. This high-performance business consultant might frequently be working overtime exhausting herself yet she manages to keep it all under control through sheer discipline and exercise. But she needs to keep her elder sister Conny who is hospitalized for mental health treatment, out of her life because if her family’s history of mental illnesses was to be revealed, trust invested in her at work might be shaken. Lola gradually loses the control of her life when her sister starts to call her persistently. Marie Kreutzer delivers a flawless psychological thriller based on a creative script which deals with the lives of white collars. The film competed for the Golden Bear Prize in Berlin.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.