|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
THE KINDNESS OF STRANGERS
- Director: Lone Scherfig
- DENMARK, CANADA / 2019 / DCP / Colour / 112’ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Lone Scherfig
- Director of Photography: Sebastian Blenkov
- Editing: Cam McLauchlin
- Music: Andrew Lockington
- Cast: Andrea Riseborough, Bill Nighy, Caleb Landry Jones, Jay Baruchel, Tahar Rahim, Zoe Kazan
- Producer: Malene Blenkov, Sandra Cunningham
- Production Co.: Creative Alliance, Strada Films
- World Sales: HanWay Films
- Turkish Rights: Bir Film
Winner of the Silver Bear in 2011 with Italian for Beginners, Danish director Lone Scherfig once again makes the premiere of her latest film at the Berlinale, but this time as the opening film. With a stunning cast, The Kindness of Strangers takes us to New York City for a modern day fairytale about hope, forgiveness and love. A homeless family, a lonely ex-con, an eccentric restaurant proprietor, a kindly ER nurse, a young man struggling to cope with anger management issues, cross paths through serendipity, kindness of strangers, and the transformative power of forgiveness. As usual, Lone Scherfig tackles stifling problems of metropolitans with a delicate humour in an emotional frame.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.