|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
THE SILENCE OF OTHERS
- Director: Almudena Carracedo, Robert Bahar
- SPAIN , USA / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 96’ / Spanish; Turkish, English s.t.
- Director of Photography: Almudena Carracedo
- Editing: Kim Roberts, Ricardo Acosta
- Music: Leo Heiblum, Jacobo Lieberman
- Producer: Robert Bahar, Almudena Carracedo, Pedro Almodóvar, Agustín Almodóvar
- Production Co.: Semilla Verde Productions, Lucernam Films, American Documentary
- World Sales: Cinephil
- 2018 BERLIN -- Audience Award, Peace Film Prize
- 2018 GENEVA -- Special Mention of the Jury
- 2018 SHEFFIELD -- Grand Jury Prize
- 2019 GOYA (SPAIN) -- Best Documentary
When Francisco Franco died in 1975, the dictatorship era full of innumerable sufferings and crimes against humanity ended. However, the “Pact of forgetting” which was passed shortly after was making it impossible for the victims of the regime to seek justice. Co-executive produced by Pedro Almodóvar, this multiple award-winning documentary focuses on the groundbreaking “Argentine Lawsuit”. Victims who were tortured and whose babies were kidnapped by the state and relatives murdered and buried in mass graves are trying to get the justice they couldn’t receive in their own country through an Argentine court. The Silence of Others follows this unprecedented fight for justice for 6 years and documents the healing process of a nation.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.