|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Steve Krikris
- GREECE / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 95’ / Greek; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Steve Krikris
- Director of Photography: Yorgos Karvelas
- Editing: Yorgos Mavropsaridis, Ioanna Pogiantzi
- Music: Coti K
- Cast: Aris Servetalis, Yiannis Stankoglou, Chiara Gensini, Alexandros Mavropoulos
- Producer: Nicolas Alavanos, Steve Krikris
- Production Co.: Filmiki Productions
- World Sales: TVCO
- 2018 THESSALONIKI -- Best Greek Debut Film
The feature-length debut of Greek director, actor, screenwriter, producer, advertiser, and dramaturge Steve Krikris, is an existential modern noir seven years in the making. 40-something introverted and lonely waiter Renos’ quiet and meticulously punctual routine life is turned upside down by the sudden disappearance of his neighbor. Shrouded in mystery, The Waiter keeps the audience on the edge right until to the end with its detached and sharp observations and left field twists.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.