|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
THE WHITE CROW
- Director: Ralph Fiennes
- UK / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 122’ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: David Hare, Julie Kavanagh
- Director of Photography: Mike Eley
- Editing: Barney Pilling
- Music: Ilan Eshkeri
- Cast: Oleg Ivenko, Adèle Exarchopoulos, Ralph Fiennes, Louis Hofmann, Sergei Polunin, Alexey Morozov
- Producer: Gabrielle Tana, François Ivernel
- Production Co.: HanWay Films
- World Sales: The Festival Agency
- Turkish Rights: Bir Film
The third film directed by the celebrated actor Ralph Fiennes, is a biopic of legendary ballet dancer Rudolph Nureyev. Written by the Oscar-nominated scriptwriter and playwright David Hare, White Crow had its world premiere at the Telluride Film Festival. The film follows the life of Nureyev from his birth on the Trans-Siberian express, through to his youth, years at the conservatory until 1961 when he defected to the West from the Soviets at Le Bourget airport in Paris. Sergei Polunin plays roommate Yuri Soloviev and Ralph Fiennes as the master dance instructor from St. Petersburg, Alexander Ivanovich Pushkin.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.