|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
No More Flowers
THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
- Director: Tom Donahue
- USA / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 97’ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Director of Photography: Stefano Ferrari
- Editing: Jasmin Way
- Music: Leigh Roberts, Allison Piccioni
- Cast: Meryl Streep, Reese Witherspoon, Cate Blanchett, Jessica Chastain, Natalie Portman
- Producer: Ilan Arboleda, Kerianne Flynn, Tom Donahue
- Production Co.: CreativeChaos vmg
- World Sales: WestEnd Films
In the last 100 years, Hollywood has emerged as one of the most influential forces in shaping our society’s perceptions and expectations of women and girls in everyday life. As the USA’s largest export, what comes out of Hollywood reaches the entire world. Who is creating these stories, and how does this shape the on-screen portrayal of women? It all begins with the storytellers. Told first-hand by some of the industry’s leading voices, including Executive Producer Geena Davis, living legends like Meryl Streep, This Changes Everything is a feature documentary that uncovers what is behind one of the most confounding dilemmas in the entertainment industry-the under-representation and misrepresentation of women. Backed by hundreds of stories and overwhelming data, director Tom Donahue illuminates and unpacks an inherently misogynistic Hollywood machine.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.