|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
National Documentary Competition
TIME TO LEAVE
- Director: Orhan Tekeoğlu
- TURKEY / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 52’ / Turkish; English s.t.
- Screenplay: Orhan Tekeoğlu
- Director of Photography: Serdar Güven
- Editing: Naim Kanat
- Cast: Katılan With: Hasan Atalay
- Producer: Nurdan Tekeoğlu
- Production Co.: Medya Ton Ltd.
- World Sales: Michael Noll
After working in Germany for many years, the 80-year-old Hasan returns to Turkey and moves in to his old wooden house in the highlands with his cow and calf. Hasan’s son Erdoğan, who works in Germany, ailing a serious disease and his last wish is to spend a few nights in the wooden house, falling into sleep listening to the sounds of the wind. Hasan, who has neglected his son in the past, gets to work on his son’s wish and prepares a room for him. He races against time and after finishing his preparations starts waiting for his son’s arrival.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.