|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
WHAT YOU GONNA DO WHEN THE WORLD’S ON FIRE?
- Director: Roberto Minervini
- ITALY, USA, FRANCE / 2018 / DCP / B&W / 123’ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Roberto Minervini
- Director of Photography: Diego Romero Suárez-Llanos
- Editing: Marie-Hélène Dozo
- Cast: Katılanlar With: Judy Hill, Dorothy Hill, Michael Nelson, Ronaldo King, Titus Turner, Ashley King, Kevin Goodman
- Producer: Paolo Benzi, Denise Ping Lee, Thomas Ordonneau, Roberto Minervini
- Production Co.: Okta Film, Pulpa Film, Shellac Sud, RAI Cinema
- World Sales: The Match Factory
- 2018 LONDON -- Best Documentary
- 2018 MAR DEL PLATA -- Best Director, Best Actress (J. Hill)
- 2018 VENICE -- UNICEF Award
- 2018 VIENNA -- Jury Prize
Roberto Minervini, whose striking previous documentary The Other Side was previously screened at the Festival, once again turns his camera to Louisiana, this time focusing on the black community of New Orleans enwrapped in the protests of 2017. Concentrating on the daily lives of people from different generations-two brothers and a Muslim activist-this documentary through poetic and gorgeous black & white visuals depicts the hard and merciless lives of its subjects as it exposes the other face of the American Dream. At a time when racial tensions run high in the USA, Minervini’s film brings to the screen the voices of those who are cast aside.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.